Sunday, December 20, 2009

A SUNDAY MORNING WITH NO PLACE TO GO



Lancaster County, Pennsylvania is a beautiful place to live. Yesterday's snowstorm added to its beauty. It is also gave me an unexpected day off. Don't go me wrong, despite being a recovering workaholic, I enjoy a day off. But I confess, I don't like Sunday being that day. I live to worship God and live abundantly because I worship. I know theologically that I can worship God alone in a golf course on a Tuesday afternoon enjoying the sweet sound of a warm breeze passing through the trees. But I worship best in the company of my brothers and sisters in Christ. Sharing their joys, uniting our hearts and voices in praise to God, hearing read scripture and say "This is the Word of God for the People of God", feeling their hand upon my shoulder as they pray for me, listening to someone share their personal God story--these are the things that enrich my worship time and multiply its blessings.

Plus, I am a preacher and God had given me a message for His people. It's hard to be overflowing with the Good News of Jesus Christ and have to save it for next week.
Really thankful that Christmas Eve is Thursday. Won't have to wait a whole seven days before experiencing the power of worshiping with God's people.

No comments:

Post a Comment