Saturday, November 20, 2010

WEB SITINGS - BLOGS AND POSTS I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS WEEK

Testing a new blog feature that I ripped off from fellow blogger Tammie Gitt.  Here's my list of interesting blog sitings.  The first comes from a blog called off we go now ... encouragement as you go: The post is called "Don't let your attitude go into the toilet."

"I am playing plumber today.  Changing faucets, replacing toilets, fixing pipes and hoping I don’t discover other problems as I dig around the pipes and cabinets.  So far, I have found a few.  In case you did not know, my house was built in 1908.  That’s right, it is over 100 years old.  In 1937 our house was moved from Rocklin California to Roseville California and the big remodel took place in 1949 when they took the attic and made it an upstairs with a 6 feet 11 inch ceiling.  Can you say Hobbit Town? (right about now some of you are thinking of short jokes… STOP!


Can I confess something?  I love serving my wife by fixing things and making improvements, but plumbing is at the bottom of the list of things I ever want to do.   There is just not enough rooms for this body of mine where there are pipes and cabinets and it never fails that the pipe that came off what I bought in the 21st century does not fit the pipe from earlier days.  This requires an extra 23 trips to Home Depot for the elbow that bends both ways at the same time while remaining stationary for the tubing that fastens with gum and toothpicks, taped by a combination of blue tape and super glue.   So wanna guess what is this blog about?  Besides my ineptness as a plumber, it is about keeping my attitude out of the toilet while I fix one.  Here are a few quotes I thought I would share before I go back and install my toilet. Read those quotes at PASTOR LEONARD
 
Steve Mossburg leads my denomination’s Project Help in Haiti. He posted this comment on his Facebook page this week:
“Seeing is different than being told.” African Proverb. I’m often asked wouldn’t it be better to send the price of my plane ticket to help out rather than go to Haiti ? I always say ” no because once you come and see the poverty, homelessness and sickness you will send your money for a lifetime.”

Katie Marie Friedman wrote on her page:  “There are all kinds of courage. It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”

Then there’s great cartoon I found while googling for one of my blogs.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment