Friday, May 24, 2013

ABIGAIL

BY STEVE DUNN

This morning at 1:07 am, the newest member of my family entered the world.  Her name is Abigail Marie Dunn and she was born to my son Chris and his wife Megan.  She is entering a high-powered family.  My son is one of the foremost web designers in the world today and my daughter-in-law, Doctor Megan Dunn is a professor of microbiology.  

My wife Dianne is poised to head to Indiana to help with new born as soon as Megan's mother finishes the first shift as grandmother-in-residence. When that happens, given the distance from Pennsylvania, I will not see Dianne for about three weeks unless I manage a trip that direction before an anticipated one in July.  This will be the third grandchild in the last five years for which she has provided this service, so I'm getting used to it.  Even at a distance of more than five hundred miles, Dianne has a very special place in all five of our grandchildren's hearts and lives.

I am eagerly awaiting newborn photos.  When Dianne travels, I will send my customary Tigger as a symbol of their grandpa's intention to encourage their joyful side of life.  I will leave the sterner stuff to Chris.

The best thing for Abby is that she is born into a family who  loves God, loves each other, and desires to make a difference of character in their world.  For this I am particularly thankful this day.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment