Wednesday, February 10, 2010

SNOWMAGGEDON

For the second time in seven days, the Mid Atlantic region has been hit with a winter storm. Snow began falling here in Landisville around 5:00 p.m. Tuesday night. We had already canceled all evening activities at the church. It's about 6:00 am Wednesday now. I estimate about four more inches have been added to the 24-26 from the weekend. Shortly, I will head out the door to shovel that so I can perhaps keep ahead of the estimated 8-11 weatherman Joe Calhoun says will fall between now and 2:00 pm. We have already been told that near blizzard conditions will occur after noon and that road travel is considered not advisable. (In fact, the roads themselves may not be clear until Friday.)

I have already closed the office today, and we have canceled all of today's activities. I may have to do so tomorrow, too. It looks like we are snowbound whether it is convenient or not, and I know that this will not be a welcome fact to many. Solomon tells us in Ecclesiastes that"to everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven." (Some of you 60's people thought the Byrds said that.) It is obviously the season for snowbound snow days.

So here's today's question. What are you going to do with a snow day or two? How will you use this serendipity of God? Me, since I am close, I will probably walk to the office at some time this morning to get in a couple of hours of uninterrupted work that have been bugging me. But then, a little relaxation with a good book like the new Sue Grafton novel that I have barely cracked since I bought in December. And of course, moving some more snow. What about you? This would be a perfect day to post a comment back to me.

3 comments:

  1. chase kids around, snowblow, take a nap, organize a little bit, catch up on some blogs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relax at home with the kids, clean up the snow, make a great homecooked meal....and study for my upcoming exam! I actually appreciate the time at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the end, I slept most of the afternoon between watching weather news on WGAL, then spent the evening with Facebook and watching worship music videos on You Tube

    ReplyDelete