Monday, May 16, 2011

WEB SITINGS -CARS AND FLOWERS, FOUR YEAR OLD LITTLE GIRLS

I am a sucker for photos of classic cars and colorful flowers.  I came across a delightful blog called WEEKEND WANDERINGS.  WordPress calls it one the top photography blogs. These photos will tell you why. This blog is worth visiting over and over.

I’ve begun subscribing to a great blog called FORWARD PROGRESS.  Written by Michael Kelly, a Christian from Nashville, the blog is subtitled “Faith is putting one foot in front of the other.” This post under “Weekends are for Kids” reminded me of what I felt when my darling daughters were born.

Dear Little Girl:
You are four years old now. That’s hard for me to believe, but time marches on. Today I will get to see the same thing that has never failed to brighten my day and make my heart feel so full: your beautiful smile and your happy giggle.

I admit, Andi, it’s been interesting for me to learn about little girls with you. And I have learned a few things along these four years:

- Anything that has pink on it is acceptable in your world.
- Dresses are clearly better than pants, regardless of the weather outside.
- Dolls should be kissed good night in the same fashion as bigger little girls.
- Little girls are safe with daddy.

It is this last point, Andi, that I take very seriously because to the best of my knowledge, you really believe that. It means the world to me, and I will try like mad for the rest of my life to never give you cause to believe otherwise. At the same time, it is my hope that in this coming year you grow more and more to realize that real safety can only be found in the arms of God as your Father.

You have done so many things this year that I’m proud of, Andi. I love to hear you say the verses you’ve memorized, especially when you quote Psalm 1. I know some of the words are hard to say, but you keep trying. You have learned to brush your teeth each night and you know how to sort your allowance into “Give, Save, Need and Spend.” You continue to learn how to love and appreciate your brothers even when they play a little too rough.

I could not be happier to be your daddy. You are God’s gift to me and Mommy, and we are very fond of you. I pray for you this year to grow in your understanding that what you do is really a reflection of what’s going on in your heart and that you will begin to feel the Lord’s touch there, too, as you learn more and more what the gospel means.

Thank you for being you -
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment