Saturday, October 25, 2014

MONDAY MORNING REFLECTIONS: EBOLA

BY STEVE DUNN

Ebola is in the news everywhere.  Several months ago when this horrible disease was confined to places like Liberia, it hardly got a mention.  Now that it has crossed the Atlantic and touched a more mobile society like ours, people scrambling for information about ebola and clamoring to be protected against it.  Sadly, it was contracted by the first Americans who cared enough to be involved and their heroic action exposed them the this life-altering reality,  Initially, they were pretty much on their own. Now we all have a reason to be concerned.

This past week my denomination shared this post on its weekly blog.


































Last April it was my privilege to meet Clinton and his wife Yassa at Exponential 2014 held in Orlando.  He is in the process of connecting his church to our denomination.  I am glad to see his leadership in this concern.  I just wish more of us who are not of African-American descent would care about these matters; but in my denominational stream I am thankful we have this brother and his wife.

Yassa was interviewed by local station in Oakland.  Learn more,

I just sent a check his way. If you do not already have an avenue, I would encourage you to give him a phone call.

No comments:

Post a Comment