Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dianne's Birthday

Thursday will be my wife Dianne's birthday. I will not reveal on-line how old she is; but I will note that we are in our 38th year of marriage. She is one of God's best and most enduring blesings in my life. Dianne is also a constant reminder that there are real Christians, biblical ones who trust that God's Word will steer them right, that God's Spirit will empower your life, that connecting people to a God who loves them is the purpose of our life. My life is immeasurably more because God brought her into my life almost four decades ago.

God blesses us with people of impact and influence, whose character and whose faith remind us of the truth of Philippians 4.13, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." The big question is--do we let them into our lives, or do we keep them at arm's length because we want to be the only person to whom we are answerable?

And are you willing to be that kind of person to someone who God wants to bring into your life? (No, you don't need to marry them.) Jesus was once clled "the man for others" precisely because he understand his purpose from the Father was to impact and to influence so that people might once again find their place with God.

Note: Remember commentsd are welcome. Use the link at the bottom of the blog or email me at sdunnpastor@coglandisville.org,

No comments:

Post a Comment