Monday, March 9, 2009

DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA

Yesterday afternoon North Carolina defeated Duke to capture the ACC Championship. I was only able to watch about 10 minutes of this magnificent ballet on the hardwood, but I was captivated by the athleticism of players like Taylor Hansborough, the shifting of momentum between two teams that epitomize excellence in basketball, and the intensity of two teams striving together to achieve the prize.
Next to baseball, my favorite sport is college basketball. I can hardly wait for "March Madness" to begin a week from tomorrow. My favorite team, the Buckeyes, are a bubble team and may not be invited to the tournament but if they don't make it, I suspect I will be rooting for those Tarheels of North Carolina. (It's kind of hard for a pastor to root for the Blue DEVILS.)
But what I will enjoy even more are days upon days of teams from all parts of the country giving their very best to achieve the prize of a national championship. Along the way I will find some new teams to root for (until they are eliminated) and learn of persons less famous than Tyler Hansborough, who work just as hard. It will an adventure of sheer delight.

STEVE

Question: Have you started assembling your brackets? Who do you think will make that final four?

No comments:

Post a Comment