Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A GOOD QUESTION RETURNS



Last summer and fall I led a group called "A Good Question." It met at Cafe on Main and more than 35 persons participated during its first season. Cafe on Main lost its lease, so we had to put it on hold but now, thanks to the cooperation of the Black Knight Restaurant on Main Street in Landisville-A Good Question is returning.

What is A GOOD QUESTION?

It is quite simply an open discussion/dialogue on Christianity, the Bible, God and Spiritual Things. I am a pastor, but it is not my intention to make a judgment on anyone’s position or beliefs—nor is it to persuade you to agree with my position or understanding of an issue. I simply intend to provide you information or a perspective that you might not yet know or have considered-- and help you think through the answers for these important questions for yourself. It is my firm conviction, born of my own faith, that truth has its own persuasion and validation for those who are intellectually honest and open-minded. I have been blessed by a faith that encourages me to ask questions, renew my mind, and be committed to a life of truth.

Please know that this is essentially a religious discussion group. That doesn’t mean you have to believe in God or anything particular to be a part of this discussion. It does mean that if your question or concern really has more to do with personal matters which are better suited to a counselor, I will simply offer to meet with you personally at a more appropriate time. In other words, we are not a therapy group or a support group—except a “support group” for seekers of the truth.

You may feel free simply to share your question as a part of tonight. If you’d like to send me questions for future evenings, please feel free to email me at sdunnpastor@coglandisville.org.

Yours seeking the truth that makes and keeps us free!

Steve Dunn

A GOOD QUESTION meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month at the Black Knight in Landisville from 7:00-9:00 pm. Come and go on your schedule, stay as long as your schedule or your questions permit.

No comments:

Post a Comment