Tuesday, August 25, 2009

BLOGGING

There's a certain arrogance to blogging. You make the assumption that someone out in the world is ready for and in need of your pontifications on some earth-shattering topic. Or maybe there's some insanity because you are positioning yourself for someone to ridicule your ignorance or attack your cherished beliefs. There's some self-promotion because you want people to think you are an expert on something no matter how esoteric or mundane.

But some of us blog because of our creative urges. I, for one, am at my best when I am using the intellect and imagination God has given to help communicate an idea, or paint a picture of life, or bring energy and focus to a vision. When I step out of my every day stuff,I draw myself from the mere maintenance of life to the deepening of my soul. I begin to identify possibilities instead of simply getting projects completed. I see the beauty in God's design of my world and my life painted in rich colors of the heart rather than the grayscale of daily existence.

It is the same simple joy that writers both profound and anonymous have found in their craft. Writing (and hence blogging) is one of the ways we live life to the max.

No comments:

Post a Comment