Thursday, August 6, 2009

FIFTEEN BOOKS (PLUS ONE) I WOULD KEEP IN MY LIBRARY

A while back I suggested that we share the books we would keep in our library. In addition to my NIV/Message Parallel Bible, I would keep these 16 volumes that have significantly impacted me and continue to do so.

1. CS Lewis MERE CHRISTIANITY
2. John Ortberg IF YOU WANT TO WALK ON WATER, GET OUT OF THE BOAT
3. Dallas Willard HEARING GOD
4. Rebecca Pippert HOPE HAS ITS REASONS
5. Mark Buchanan THE REST OF GOD
6. Jim Cymbala FRESH WIND, FRESH FIRE
7. Ruth Haley Barton RESTORING THE SOUL OF YOUR SPIRITUAL LEADERSHIP
8. Tim Hansel HOLY SWEAT
9. Douglas Rumford SOUL-SHAPING (out-of-print(
10. Robert Lewis THE CHURCH OF IRRESISTIBLE INFLUENCE
11. Dietrich Bonhoeffer THE COST OF DISCIPLESHIP
12. Gordon Stuart and Douglas Fee HOW TO READ THE BIBLE FOR ALL ITS WORTH
13. Reggie McNeal THE PRESENT FUTURE
14. Calvin Miller ONCE UPON A TREE
15. Andy Stanley THE BEST QUESTION EVER
16. Oswald Chambers MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST

Later I will share the 15 fiction books I would retain.

No comments:

Post a Comment