Wednesday, September 29, 2010

WANT BETTER RESULTS FROM OTHERS? CHANGE YOU M.O.

Kem Meyer works for the highly innovative Granger Church near South Bend IN.  She writes a blog called Less Clutter, Less Noise.  Recently she posted something I found very helpful about life management, especially for those of us who have leadership roles.  KenM wrote:

A few weeks ago I blogged about reducing the static to engage with others. I got a few comments and even more DMs and emails from people asking me how to “change an internal M.O.”
There is no “one-size-fits-all” or “five quick steps” to answer that question. A person’s M.O. is about emotional intelligence and spiritual health. The key to breaking out of our own ruts and changing our internal M.O. is self-awareness. But, our ruts are highly personal, aren’t they?
So, instead of just answering “get a therapist” (which isn’t a bad place to start), I thought I’d point to ten posts where I’ve talked about this before (trust me, there’s a ton more where these came from). Hope this helps.
10. Get feedback.
9. Remember, everybody doesn't hate you.
8. Learn from your mistakes.  
7. Quit trying to get it all done.
6. Get a preventative maintenance plan.
5. Create social social impact.
4. Know the difference between drawing, crossing & blurring the lines of communication.
3. Guard your heart.
2. Cultivate success.
1. Get over yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment