Thursday, March 4, 2010

MOVING ON FROM VANCOUVER AND OTHER THOUGHTS



Sitting down Monday night to watch NCIS Los Angeles, I experienced a moment of what can only be called grief. "It seems really strange," I said to Dianne, "not to be seeing the Olympics and Vancouver." For two weeks, from that awesome and compelling opening ceremony to the USA vs Canada hockey battle for the gold, I had traveled daily to that magnificent Canadian city and the mountains around it. Ski jumpers, downhill Super G racers, and Apollo Ono racing were where I most often landed. (I saw little of one of Olympic favorites--curling, the timing was all wrong.) But I went as often as anything to see the breath-taking mountains and inspiring lakes that so bless Vancouver.

Now what comes next? New episodes of Law and Order!

If you didn't get enough continuous sports, fear not! March Madness, the NCAA Basketball Tournament starts soon, and next weekend, conference post season tournaments will provide a bridge on the Road to the Final Four that will keep sports adrenalin flowing.

One last thought - would the world come to an end if we gave that adrenalin rush a break?

No comments:

Post a Comment