Friday, June 26, 2009

SECOND POST FROM PHILLIES FAN

NOTE FROM STEVE - THIS IS THE POST I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED

I think it's very clear that you dislike Obama. I also think that Christians oftentimes exercise poor judgment when it comes to core issues. For example, many Christians have utter disdain for Obama because of his stance on abortion. However, these same Christians ignore his anti-death penalty alignment and his compassionate stances towards poverty. Why does abortion trump both the death penalty and poverty. In most churches I've attended, the preacher (directly or not) has said to vote Republican. Why? Republicans are usually pro-death penalty. Republicans tend to have less compassionate stances towards the poor. So why should Christians be judged negatively (which was clearly the case in the article) for supporting democrats? It makes little sense. I do not consider myself a democrat or a republican, but I am confused and offended by the fickle nature of politics in the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment